Beds: 4Bath: 1Mq: 55
Beds: 8Baths: 2Mq: 135
Beds: 8Baths: 2Mq: 135
Beds: 6Bath: 1Mq: 50
Beds: 6Bath: 1Mq: 50
Buying a house in the province of Oristano Sardinia means making a different investment compared to other better known areas of Sardinia.
Let’s start with the prices of houses and apartments for sale that, given by hand, result to be among the lowest in Sardinia.
In fact, the average price of apartments for sale Oristano is about 37% lower than the regional average, or 1900 €/m².
The province of Oristano Sardinia has a price of apartments of about 1.150 €/m² (on average throughout the province), so really favorable.
Another valid reason for buying a house or apartment in Oristano Sardinia and province is the fact that the “current tourism” is looking for authentic and natural places like those of the Oristanese.
Given the high demand from much of Europe, you could take advantage of your property by having a certain source of income.
The Province of Oristano is located in the western part of Sardinia and overlooks the sea of the same name with its 135 km of coast. Although having, like all of Sardinia, an important tourist influx in the summer period, it is an ideal solution for those who want to avoid the crowd of other areas.
Its coasts, alternating quartz sand beaches and spectacular cliffs, have nothing to envy for their beauty, to others more famous.
The presence of a natural park and a vast marine protected area make this area one of the most pristine and wild in Sardinia. The coast is also characterized by the presence of many ponds, some of which are a true paradise for bird watching enthusiasts.
The province of Oristano Sardinia is ideal for those who want to escape mass tourism, making its beaches often beautiful and wild, but also poorly equipped. In the vastness, however, one finds solutions to satisfy any need. Obviously, it is impossible to list them all, we will limit ourselves to the most remarkable.
• Is Arutas, Cabras: it is perhaps the best known of the beaches of this coast. The sandy beach consists of thick quartzifera with changing tones from pink to white. It is very much loved by surfers because of the strong wind that often happens.
• Maimoni, Cabras: a post south of Is arutas has the same characteristics but is completely devoid of structures, making it even wilder.
• Mari ermi, Cabras: north of Is Arutas and always with the same type of sand, is this beach which has several refueling points.
• San Giovanni di Sinis, Cabras: adjacent to the village of the same name, there is a very fine sand which, because of the wind, is deposited in layers forming the dunes.
• Cumpultittu, Bosa: a very famous beach, and therefore often as crowded, has the characteristic of presenting a mixture of sand and rocks that give the sea this fabulous bay unique colors.
• Cane malu, Bosa: more than just a beach is a natural swimming pool. It’s worth stopping by to see it.
• Bosa Marina, Bosa: located at the mouth of the Temo River is adjacent to the town of Bosa and is therefore a very equipped beach.
• Su Pallosu, San Vero Milis: a paradise for cat lovers because it is inhabited by the world’s only marine feline colony.
• S’archittu, Cuglieri: it takes its name from the rocky arch formed by the erosion of a limestone cave. It is one of the best known places in the province.
• Torregrande, Oristano: attached to the village of the same name, it benefits from its services and is therefore one of the best equipped beaches. It is especially recommended for families with children.
Countless activities are possible in the province of Oristano, those naturalists and cultural. Here are some companies that offer you:
• Laconi Cultural Association: very active in organizing cultural visits and visits to the territory.
• Bike Gold, Oristano: a young company that rents bicycles of different types and organizes tours of different types.
• Sinis Yachting – Day trips, Tour Grande: rental of sailing boats with or without skipper for the exploration of the beautiful Sinis peninsula. They also organize mini-cruises with overnight stay on board.
• ALEA Research & Environment, Cabras: organizes bike and kayak tours in the Sinis peninsula.
Apart from beaches of great natural and landscape interest, the province of Oristano is rich in places and events that deserve to be discovered.
Already the Oristano Sardinia itself has medieval origins and, in addition to already deserve a visit, is the seat of various manifestations: the most famous is Sa sartiglia a merry-go-round of medieval origin that is held during the carnival. Below just a list of other places to visit absolutely.
• Nuraghe losa, Abbasanta: it is one of the best preserved nuraghi of all Sardinia and in its surroundings there are also the remains of a Tomb of the Giants. You can also visit it at night, when the place takes on an even more fascinating aspect if possible.
• Tharros, Cabras: it is an archaeological zone located in the peninsula of Sinis where it is possible to visit an important establishment of Phoenician origin abandoned to give origin to the current Oristano. The natural amphitheatre in which it is placed makes this area particularly suggestive.
• San Salvatore di Sinis: this village, a fraction of the town of cabras, is abandoned for most of the year, being populated only on the occasion of the feast of Christ the Saviour. It owes its notoriety to be used as a theater for several westerns.
• Archaeological Park of Santa Cristina, Paulilatino: in its splendid territory, which adapts well to trekking, there are sites of considerable archaeological interest such as the Temple of Pozzo di Santa Cristina and a remarkable nuragic village.
• Bosa: this village, rightly considered one of the most beautiful in Italy, is located at the mouth of the river Temo, the only navigable river in Sardinia. There are so many things to see that it seems superfluous to list them. It is certainly a destination for which you will not regret spending time.
• Small green train macomer-Bosa: perhaps, since Bosa deserves a visit without the other, why not get there with what is considered the most beautiful railway line in Sardinia?
Depending on your destination in the province some ways may be cheaper than others. With the province in a central position, it offers different solutions to easily achieve its goal. Here are the possibilities to reach the capital of the province by car.
• From Porto Torres: In about 1 hour and 35 minutes (145 km), take the E25 towards Sassari.
• From Olbia: in about 2 hours (182 km) via the SS131 central branch of the new.
• From Cagliari: via the E25 in about 1 hour and 10 minutes (95 km).
• From Alghero: Although the fastest route seems to be the one through Sassari and then take the E25 (1 hour and 50 minutes for 155 km), you can follow the coast through the SS292 north by following the coast (2 hours for 105 km).
Arriving by plane therefore the most advantageous choice seems to be the airport of Cagliari, while by ferries according to the port of departure also Porto Torres could be a valid option
Port of Marina di torregrande, Oristano:
It is a very well equipped port and its central position on the west coast of Sardinia makes it ideal as a base for various excursions. It has 404 places with possibility to accommodate boats until 18 meters (22) and offers all the necessary services between which:
• berths and divers to meet different needs
• Complete shipbuilding and workshop services
• Gas station, water supply and power grid connection
• slide, crane, travel lift and hoist block
To find out more
Marine oristanesi Srl, Porto Turistico torregrande, 09170 Oristano (OR)
Telephone and Fax +39 0783.22189
Coordinates 39.54.10 N, 08.29.29 E
Port of Bosa
In fact, it is a river port located on the Temo River 900 metres from its mouth, which makes it particularly protected, but which requires special attention in the entry and exit phases. It has 220 places total boat with possibility of access to boats until 4/5 meters of draught and 25 meters of length. The services offered include:
• Docking assistance
• inner slide
• launch and lift 25 t
• outdoor storage and fairing
To find out more
Porto di Bosa S.P.A. operational headquarters Nuova Darsena Via sas Covas, Bosa (OR)
Tel. / Fax: +39 346.1585719/ +39 0785.372191
Coordinates 40.17.30 N, 08.28.36 E