Sea routes to Sardinia have also been tripled in the last two years. Joining Sardinia by ferry may not seem like the easiest or most comfortable option, but is certainly the most exciting. Indeed, arriving on the island, with your own car, motorcycle or camper boarded on the ferry is an experience to do at least once in your life. Choose the nearest departure port between Civitavecchia, Genoa, Livorno, Naples, Piombino, Nice, Porto Vecchio, Toulon and Barcelona.
The main ports in Sardinia are Porto Torres, Olbia, Golfo Aranci, Cagliari, Arbatax and Santa Teresa di Gallura. Various routes are available with the different companies that offer a ferry service to Sardinia all year round. Crossings are clearly increased from June to September, high season for tourism. For those who intend to buy a house in Sardinia, to move there or to spend wonderful holidays, we would like to point out that the various boat and ferry companies offer discounts for residents in Sardinia.
What can I take onboard the ferry to Sardinia?
On ferries, it is possible to stay in cabins (single, double or quadruple), on seats or on the deck, or also to do “camping on board”. In addition, if you make the request, you will be able to bring also your bike onboard, allowing you to move freely once on the island.
Pets are always welcome as travel companions and have no restrictions on access to the cabins. Your trip to Sardinia will start in the best possible way by boat or ferry, thanks to the range of services onboard offered by the companies. Departures are made from all major Italian and European ports; the length of the journey depends from the port of departure and arrival.
Check the map to find out which route is the best for your trip!
How to reach Sardinia:
- Barcellona – Porto Torres (grimaldi)
- Bonifacio – S.T. di Gallura (Moby)
- Civitavecchia – Arbatax (Tirrenia)
- Civitavecchia – Cagliari (Tirrenia)
- Civitavecchia – Olbia (Moby/Tirrenia/Grimaldi)
- Civitavecchia – Porto Torres (Grimaldi)
- Genova – Arbatax (Tirrenia)
- Genova – Olbia (Moby/Tirrenia)
- Genova – Porto Torres (Tirrenia/GNV)
- Livorno – Olbia, Golfo Aranci (CS Ferries)
- Livorno – Olbia (Moby/Grimaldi)
- Napoli – Cagliari (Tirrenia)
- Nizza – Olbia, Golfo Aranci (CS Ferries)
- Piombino – Olbia (Moby)
- Porto Vecchio – Olbia, Golfo Aranci (CS Ferries)
- Porto Vecchio – Porto Torres (CS Ferries)
- Tolone – Porto Torres (CS Ferries)